I went to the mall today.
- Bought make-up.
- Looked at clothes.
Do you know how many kinds of jeans are out there?
The colors dazzled my senses. Emerald greens. Sky blues. Candy reds.
I wanted them all. I needed them all.
At that very moment I was certain that life would not be worth living without
- T-shirts the same shade as the cornfields right after the rain.
- Socks that “pop” with the hues of cotton candy and ice cream.
- Soft leather sandals the color of honey, with rivets the color of gold.
But, seriously, how much does one person need? Basically, enough to survive.
I have enough to live in comfort and enough to bless other people. But, sometimes I go overboard. I’m not talking about an army of servants, a mansion and a private jet.
I’m talking about
- drawers full of clothes that never get worn.
- Cupboards of filled with more food than my family can possibly eat.
- Enough money spent at the Starbucks to to support small,third world country.
In the first book of Timothy, Paul wrote,
Out dated words? Wishful thinking? Advice from an ancient civilization that has no place in our the modern world?
I think not.
It is we who have lost our way.