“Remember the good ole days?” I’ve heard people say, “Everything was so much better than it is now.”
Oh, yeah, I know the rest.
- People had manners.
- Kids knew their place.
- Sin was sin.
- Everyone went to church.
Well, if you really want to walk down memory lane, let’s go all the way.
I remember when
- no one wore seatbelts
- and smoking was the coolest thing to do.
In the good ole days
- kids worked in factories eight hours a day.
- Fathers beat their kids in public.
- Women were refused the right to vote.
- Human beings were hunted down like dogs because of the color of their skin.
Don’t fool yourself. We never started out perfect. We never will be. Mankind is a mess. Broken from the inside out.
- No legislation or political candidate is going to turn the human heart around.
- No social programs can chase the darkness from the soul.
Every person needs a light and a hope. A place to call home. The gospel of love and forgiveness.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We all need Jesus.